My son is 5 years old and he has fever,stuffy nose and an upset stomach I'm not sure if it's a stomach virus but there's diarrhea and mostly mucus with a fever that is hard to break but it's raining outside and it wouldn't make sense to take him to the clinic in the rain when I have what they'll give him at the pharmacy so my question is what to give him when he won't eat anything?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 1:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't worry so much about food right now. Worry about keeping him hydrated. Is he peeing at least 1 time every 10 hours? Then he is getting enough liquids. Also if you can get him to eat, stay with bland foods.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Give him plenty to drink. Try some crackers, toast, chicken noodle soup. Motrin. I wouldn't take a sick kid out in this either. Don't force him to eat if he doesn't want to.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Keep the fluids going. Besides toast or crackers. The new thing I do for the girls that work is peppermint gum or candy will help or even ginger snaps cookies is a good one. For the mucus try the mediicne municex and try imidam ad should help.. Lots of rest. Try even a humdifiet that might help. Take care cause having a sick kid is not good. If in doubt just call the doctor for adivce. Jello is good too.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with the others. Don't worry about the food, just keep the fluids going in him. Chicken soup always did wonders for my kids.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 4:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Call your Pediatrician... Give them your child's symptoms let them Decide if Venturing out in the rain is worth it or not. Furthermore, if your child has loose stools and Won't Eat - and Especially won't Drink then you Should be concerned about possible dehydration as well... In other words call your child's Doctor...

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• chicken broth or tea with honey
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2010