Ideas for a 2 year olds birthday?

My son will be two at the end of november, and I am looking for some cheap but fun ideas for his party.

NicoleAnn26

Asked by NicoleAnn26 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What kind of ideas are you looking for? Do you have a theme?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I recently lost my job, so money is a little tight right now. I haven't done too much searching yet but I was thinking to go with elmo or sesame street. But just looking for ideas for games, entertainment, or anything to help me save a little money.
    NicoleAnn26

Comment by NicoleAnn26 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have had great luck with parks, depending on where you are at, theres usually little neighbor hood parks and most of the equipment is geared to the younger children, they aren't to high up.

Chuck E Cheese though, is always a favorite make sure there will be a show though even my infant loves seeing them dance around :)
    ShaunsMomma04

Answer by ShaunsMomma04 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Great idea! We did Elmo for my DD's first birthday and it was a blast. We did "pin the nose on elmo" which is cool, because you can do it alllll on your own (cheap!).. Draw or paint an elmo without a nose, and cut out orange ovals for his nose. Each kid gets a turn! We also did ABC, 123 block cupcakes. You just bake a regular cake, cut them into equal sized blocks, frost them, and decorate them with numbers and letters.

You can also find sesame street coloring pages online, print out a packet for each kid.

A lot of the games we did were like baby shower games because all the kids that were there were tooooo little to play, so they were more for adults. I did a game where you guess the smell.. I make 6 trash cans (out of formula cans and duct tape!) and poked holes in the top and everyone had to guess what smell was inside (onions, pickles, vanilla, etc.).

We also did a cookie monster guess how many cookies. I baked
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• like four dozen cookies, then put them in a huge jar (got for $1.00 at the dollar store!) and tied some blue ribbon around the top with a cut out picture of cookie monster. Everyone filled out a piece of paper with how many cookies they thought were inside, and then whoever was closest, without going over, won them!

I made signs out of primary colored paper and each one as a different character. So, Elmo was pin the nose on elmo. Cookie moster was the cookies, Oscar the trash cans. We had a station for Grover where the kids dressed up like super heros..
    and for big bird we had a bounce house, but you could do a nest, which would actually be a lot of fun.. find some hay/straw (you only need a TINY bit!) and pull it apart so it is in a pile. Then put stuffed animals, coins, candy, or whatever inside, all the kids can dig for stuff in Big Birds nest! (Make sure no one is allergic first, though).

FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010