Mums that own lizards

What age would/did you let your baby hold him/her? My baby is about 3 months and I wanted to introduce her with my lizard (who is harmless). What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Go for it. I don't see any difference between introducing a cat or dog and introducing a lizard... An animal is an animal, as long as you aren't just going to leave them in the play pen and go for a jog, there isn't a big deal... It's about time they meet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No reptile is harmless. They ALL carry salmonella....it is a huge risk to allow your infant to touch a reptile. Period. There is no reason at all a 3 month old should be touching a reptile as they put their hands in their mouths constantly. It is also essential that you wash your hands thoroughly before touching your child after touching anything in the tank. I have worked with reptiles for years and would never recommend allowing a young child to handle a reptile.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 6:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010