Family hair loss...?

For the past 6 months, I have been losing my hair. I had my only child 5 years ago and am not pregnant.
I was starting to think it was thyroid/hormone problems, or another medical issue, but then my husband noticed he is also losing his hair. Neither of us have hair loss in the family, and we are still young. I have been paying attention to my child's hair, but it's hard to tell, because it has always been thin.
Anyone have a similar problem? Ideas on what could be causing this?
[I hope I don't get too many "go to the doctor" answers. If I could do that instead, I would. However, we don't have a whole lot of money to spend on doctors that look at you for one minute and then tell you you're imagining things...]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• That is definitely concerning. It could be anything, but I would imagine it would be something environmental if it is affecting all of you!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010