Does your 4 year old just not sit and listen at preschool?

If so, what have you done to remedy this problem?

Mine is having a serious issue sitting and being quiet during circle time and lessons time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 year old does that. I'm actually beginning to wonder if he's having some kind of issues.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/630726/Sensitivity_to_sounds?cat_id=&ct=ans_next_category
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No my 4 year old behavies really well at pre-school, sorry you are dealing with this.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think at four you shouldn't worry to much. Last year my son was in pre-school when I went to the school functions I noticed alot of the children wouldn't or couldn't sit still. Talk to the teacher, pre-school is usually their first experience at being some what independent from their parents if the teacher tells you theres not unusal about it, I'd just keep reitterating to the child the importance of learning. I also noticed in "child-watching" that you can see some childrens different intrest, nurture that - this one little boy was never still and never paid attention as I watched him I noticed EVERYTHING he did was musical to the way he moved his head, tapped his foot and hummed while the teacher spoke, he's probably the next Puff Daddy, or Diddy or whatever his name is LOL :)
    ShaunsMomma04

Answer by ShaunsMomma04 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sorry that should read ... if the teachers tells you theres nothing unusual ;)
    ShaunsMomma04

Answer by ShaunsMomma04 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it's kinda silly to expect any four year old to 'sit' and do lessons.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• AT our preschool the kids are expected to sit still while listening to a story--approximately 3 minutes. And they do have table work where they need to sit at a table and color a picture or cut and glue. If your child is having problems practice sitting quietly at home.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010