Why can people not put their questions under even close to the right category?

Does this annoy anyone or am I just being bitchy today?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I just click on newest questions, not a category. It doesn't bother me at all. I really don't pay attention to what category.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It drives me nuts too... I think sometimes people don't know where to put questions... But when you see a question like "Could I be pregnant" in the Politics section, they were seriously either not paying attention or just wanted more attention...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think this is a debate question. lol

Just kidding. I don't like it when they use the TMI for questions that are clearly not TMI but otherwise I don't notice.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ria7 haha maybe true but at least its close!

SabrinaMBowen,-- that's what drives me crazy the really far off ones, oblivian(spelling?) drives me nuts
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've managed to click on the wrong category (like the one just below the one I want) so I can understand how a question might be in the wrong place.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think CM Admin. should have like a stop button when a question is being placed a category before it’s actually being place.  Ask them “Are you sure you have placed your question in the right category?”  Then they answer either Yes or No.  But this way the poster is given a 2nd chance in placing the question in the right category. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I like this^^^^ I don't think it would help, but I do like it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Some of them get moved there by people using the recategorize option for point whoring. When you vote to move a question from one category to another and enough people agree to move it (or enough agree to not move it) everyone who voted the "correct" way gets more points. Some people go through and try to move every question in one category to another just to see how many points they can get from it, so questions may start out in the right place and end up somewhere else if the right group of gamers is on at the same time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• This happens in groups, too, when people don't post in the right forum. They just randomly pick a category and think that somehow their question will be answered.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010