i have had my tubes tied for eight years know and my last period was aug 30 and i have taken 4 at home pregnancy test could i be going thru the change? i am only 36 yrs old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, tubals can cause you to go into perimenopause/menopause sooner than usual. But genetics can too, my grandmother and Aunt went thru menopause at 38
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• There could be alot of reasons for your cycle to be MIA, but it's not unheard of to have the change early.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Until you have gone a full year with out a cycle, you cannot be sure you are going thru menopause. It could be stress, it could be perimenopause, it could be anything.
    You can have your hormone levels checked. And 38 isn't too young. It is unusual, but not too young.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, u can be going through the change. There r symptoms like,mood swings,night sweats etc. I would check with the doctor to know for sure because,there is no way u r pregnant,impossible!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• see your GYN and have some bloodwork done to see your estrogen levels... that will tell you if you could be entering perimenopause... i'm also 36 and had a hysterectomy 7 months ago and am in fullblown menopause... its not fun...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 2:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010