It has got to be asked- WHY does everyone ask about their child's name choice(s)???

IMO, this should be a decision made solely by mom and dad, who may ask for input from close family members, but this business of asking half the country to vet out name choices for you is quite annoying. Impossible to avoid, therefore this question...

mtnmama111

Asked by mtnmama111 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I know why!!!! Input is a good thing! Mommy and daddy may think a name sounds good but to others it may be a mind bender... think of if the parents of these people had asked public opinion before they had named their children.

I met a baby named LaQueef not too long ago, we all know of Dick Trickle, I went to school with a girl named Tinkle Schitz. Get it????

It is not such a bad idea to get input!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Oh and my grandfather, his name was Dick Payne
    girlneffy

• Just for the record, my husband and I spent a lot of time on this, and chose names with family in mind, but that also MEANT something. My first daughter was also my father's first grandchild; she was born shortly after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her name means victorious life. My other daughter's name means calm ocean warrior; it actually suits her to a "T".
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, most people will be honest on here. People come up with some off the wall wacky names and believe it or not, They are told the truth on here, at least thats the way I saw it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2008