Why hasn't he called yet??

It turns out none of my ex's "friends" I met really like him & like me a lot more. I went to a party they were throwing, & it turns out one of them apparently LIKES me, likes me. All of the guys & girls in the circle were coming up to me all night telling me to give him a chance & we'd be such a great couple, blah blah blah. I agree w/ them 100% so I gave them the green-light to give him my number (he never actually asked me for it, you'll see why). Later that night, he asked one of my friends for my number. According to her, she didn't give it to him bc she's still friends w/ my ex, & would've felt guilty. Even later on, 2 of our friends got into the inevitable drunk bf/gf fight at the after-party, & we didn't get to talk for most of the night. I still have no idea if he has my number or not, but I do know some of his friends do. It's been 5 days since the party, but I still wonder: Why hasn't he called yet??

lkm091

Asked by lkm091 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• too many gfs in the mix gurl. Go get him yourself and don't be so shy....
    Anonymous

• Try calling him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's probably not high priority on any of the friends list to get him the number. They probably forgot about it already. My guess is he doesn't have the number.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If he really likes you, HE should have came to get your number. If HE can't do that, then do you really expect him to call you.

More than likely, it will be you calling him instead and will always be you chasing him. He needs to man up and make the move. Otherwise, I would go on with my life and stop waiting.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• After being married for 20 years (he was in ministry and forgot there were 10 commandments), I have spent the last 3 years studying dating, relationships, etc. I still believe that he needs to come to you. I have learned that the man still wants to be the MAN and be in charge. After dating someone for 1.5 years now he still calls me most of the time, so when I do, it's an event. Perhaps old fashioned, but it worked well for me...good luck!
    meggate

Answer by meggate at 2:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If he's someone you're interested in, I'd go to him. Too much "he said/she said" stuff in the mix. Be bold & approach him.
    Mom2ChelNJustin

Answer by Mom2ChelNJustin at 2:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• UPDATE: I asked 2 of our friends if he has my number and they both said they don't know, then proceeded to give me his number. I am VERY old fashioned, so I don't know how I feel about the idea of contacting him first. I don't want to see over-bearing or needy. Is this right or am I just thinking too much?
    lkm091

Comment by lkm091 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'd rather he come after me, than go chasing after him.
    CCMom123BetsyR

Answer by CCMom123BetsyR at 2:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would wait for him to contact me. If he's really interested, he will find a way to contact you. For you to contact him makes you the aggressor, and many men simply like to be the aggressor themselves. By the by, those kind make excellent husbands. I've had mine for almost 46 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well if you are not sure if he has the number and you are interested in him, what the heck call him and feel him out on the conversation you have with him. It's been a few days since the party, so it's not like you are hounding him. I say Go for it. GL.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010