Really? BBC accused of neglecting Christianity as it devotes time for Pagan Festival...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325491/BBC-accused-neglecting-Christianity-devotes-air-time-pagan-festival.html

I'm sorry, but ONE feature about another religion or belief does NOT equal neglect! This is just crazy!

Your thoughts are???

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well of course if attention is given to any religion outside of Christianity, it's too much. Christians don't like to admit there are other religions. That would be like admitting that people can think for themselves. Can't have that. Must all be lemmings.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well, you know, it's supposed to be ALL about Christianity, ALL the time, because don't you know it's the only religion that matters?

*sarcasm*
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm with the other two ladies, a lot of the Christian population (not all, but a lot) think that if it isn't Christian, it's evil/not real/not worth anything/etc. Wah wah wah.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• OMG! Not EVERYONE is Christian? How DARE they show that devil filth!

Ok, now that I'm done being dramatic and sarcastic.... That is ridiculous! Seriously, does Christianity REALLY need to be in the spotlight 24/7? What about the countless other religions that have probably NEVER been featured on anything on TV? You can turn to nearly any channel and see SOMETHING Christian oriented every day. I think it's about time that they share the spotlight. Well, that is if those of other religions really want to be attention hogs like that anyway.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh, I agree with the previous posters. Its not neglect to show that there are other faiths - in fact, it would be neglectful of the other faiths to not....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If christianity wants the spotlight 24/7, then she had better not complain when it illuminates her flaws- like priests fucking little boys... that said, no one is infringing upon the rights of those who believe, nor neglecting the religion, you know as well as I do that they scream the loudest.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I like learning about other faiths and traditions so I'm glad it aired.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• – collapse
    well...it's the same way when something Christian is aired the pagans have a hissy fit until they get "their turn"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• "‘It’s vital that our national broadcaster remembers our great Christian heritage and all the precepts that come from it that are good for the nation. I would like to see this more clearly recognized."

wow...and i thought Americans were off. i mean i always figured England was more secular than us. Isn't Paganism Britain's first religion...like the Druids and such? the whole thing is sad & silly.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010