So the Senate GOP leader's main goal is to make sure Obama doesn't get re-elected? What about the economy, healthcare, etc?

I bet some of you who voted these people into office now regret it. The GOP is only concerned about THEIR needs, not the needs of the American people. They say Obama doesn't want bi-partisanship, but they plan to veto everything. What a bunch of punks. Can't wait until 2014, when we can vote them OUT again!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101104/ap_on_re_us/us_bipartisan_challenge

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, so far they seem more concerned with punishing Obama that actually running the country. Hopefully they'll dig thier heads out of thier asses soon an move forward.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If several problems have the same solution, it makes sense to focus on that solution. Stopping Obama's policies solves multiple problems, including that joke of a healthcare bill and record spending. Course, it's easier on the ego to ignore all of that and scream evil pubs. Don't worry, that knee jerk response is just as expected. Thanks for not letting us down!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I found the article more enlightening than your question insinuates.  I guess I'm not seeing them say anything that I wouldn't have expected.  It's all because of Obama's veto power.  I figured this would be obvious.  Isn't that the point of elections? 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If all of our problems are a result of Obamas actions WTF was the problem before he was in office? They didn't disappear when W left the oval office.

In fact, if you rewind the last 2 years, I think you'll see we are eating a shit sandwich very similar to the one we are eating now. Maybe there is more to this problem than what color the president wears and maybe if we focused on the problems...not the political ideology we disagree with...we might be able to move forward.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I read that too. I'm not surprised, but I AM disgusted. The GOP is ridiculous. Party of No, obstructionists, with no solutions whatsoever. All they can and want to do is criticize the president. How productive...

No, anouck, they weren't the party of "yes, Mr. President, whatever you want Mr. President" They had plenty of ideas, but were shut out. Do you realize that PBO has been in office 18 months and this is the FIRST time he has invited any of the GOP leadership to the WH? He wasn't willing to even acknowledge they represented citizens of the US who vote, have to live under the laws being forced upon them that they didn't want or wanted to be amended so they could find them more palatable. 18 mos before he invited the GOP leadership to the WH for dinner. You know, he is my president too. I would love it if he acted like it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Congress passes stuff, but the President can veto any of it! (unless they have enough of the Congress behind it which won't happen since it's fairly evenly split now). So - if they can get Obama out, that's the only chance they will have of passing any of their ideas for helping the economy, healthcare, etc.

Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yeah i read that earlier today...it doesnt make them look very good. both sides need to stop acting like little kids and do their jobs.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The crooks we voted in this week are the ones we voted out two years ago and the ones we voted out this week are the ones we'll be voting back in two years from now! Nothing ever seems to change!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• SSDD

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

•  they weren't the party of "yes, Mr. President, whatever you want Mr. President"

When it was a Republican president they sure did.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010