Please explain charter schools to me

what kind of kids will you find at these schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Same kind of kids you find at any public school.  Charter schools are public schools but they usually are smaller, have limited enrollment and have some focus on a different type of learning or something to that effect.  Usually anyone within their boundary area (whatever the city decides that is) is eligible to attend and there is usually a lottery for others that want to go there.  We had one open not far from our house that I considered sending my middle 2 kids to.  It was very enviornment oriented with time each day for the kids to work the school garden, learn about recycling, the world, etc.  But their day was super long (8:30am-4:30pm) for kindy and 1st grade and I was a SAHM so I had no need for them to be in school that long.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i would have to read on some of this before i send my kids to this
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2010