I babysit a little girl who is not up to date with her shots, Is that putting my daughter in danger?

The little girl hasn't had any shots since her first year set.

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm no expert but I would think as long as your daughter is up to date on hers it should be ok.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would think so. The little girl would not be able to go to any daycare or school without updated shots...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If your daughter is vaccinated than she's protected. That's what vaccinations are for.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i depends on how far she is off . but most of the older moms would still expose there kids to others with chicken pox . it has to be a jugment call
    anmlette

Answer by anmlette at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The only person at risk is the child who has not had their shots. Your daughter has had hers and therefore should be fine.
    sbubbabubba

Answer by sbubbabubba at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• YOur daughter is fine
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if your daughters shots are up to date, she will be fine.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• thanks everyoneI wast sure cause the little girl is going to be 4 soon, and my daugter is updated
    Ganell87

Comment by Ganell87 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you might want to make sure all of your vaccines are up to date though. If you had the rubella shot when you were a kid, you should have the test done to see if you are still protected. when I was pregnant with my dd, they checked to see if i was still protected from rubella and i was not, so i had to get the vaccine. Just something to think about, you wouldnt want to get sick either.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• do i just get that checked at a local health department?
    Ganell87

Comment by Ganell87 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010