How jobs are created?

Republicans and Democrats have different views on how jobs are created....What are these views?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Democrat: they believe that the government creates jobs by.........you know, I can't for the life of me say that I understand how they create jobs. Pelosi said that food stamps and welfare is the greatest job creator there is??? I guess that is one reason I am confuses.

Repub: This I better understand. You lower taxes and ease restrictions, there is more money in the private sector for spending, they buy goods, demand causes a short supply, people are hired to keep up with demand, money is made plus the added bonus of all those taxes being paid. You get more revenue from lowered taxes then raising taxes.

Now, I think this is the best way. I would like to see the entire tax code burned in one large bon fire and replaced with the fair tax. Then everyone pays their share of the government expenses instead of a few paying for the all.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The only type of jobs goveernment can create is government jobs. That said, the government can create an environmnent for the private sector to create jobs.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• businesses hire when the need for more employees is created by an increase in business. business tax cuts don't increase business.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's an ongoing cycle of entrepreneurs creating new businesses, some of those small businesses growing into big enterprises, and government creating and maintaining a framework of laws and infrastructure that encourages the cycle..
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• "business tax cuts don't increase business. "

So, you don't think businesses getting to keep their own money stimulates growth of the business? When you own a business, what do you do with the "extra" money after overhead? You put it back into the business to continue growth, right? You buy advertisement, or better equipment, or expand your offerings, etc.... That all creates new jobs as the business grows. You can't just sit there and expect your business to magically "grow" itself.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When people start or expand businesses.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If Congress progresses to gridlock- refusing to come together on economic issues, especially taxes, how will this affect job creation and growth? With the Bush tax cuts sets to expire, what implications will this have? Did jobs #s and the economy grow while the cuts were in effect? Why or why not?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• the government can create an environmnent for the private sector to create jobs.

The government can attempt to manipulate to the enviornment through legislation however the economic climate isn't dependent upon government interventions.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ***confused***
    jesse123456

• Stop threatening everyone with taxes so they feel it's ok to hire and know they will not have to fire them next year. I don't care what Dems say but until the businesses can be sure they know what it;s going to cost them to do business there will be no hiring.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010