What do I say to the parents of a little boy I babysit?

I watch my girl and another litle girl and we'll be fine but everytime the little boy comes he's sick and he gets us sick, then were suffering for a week at a time, then when he's better were still sick, and when we get better he's sick all over again, I don't like that he keeps getting sick and getting us sick but I need the extra money.

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell them they need to bring him in a bubble. :)
    Anonymous

• I was lookingfor serious answers no jokes please.
    Ganell87

Comment by Ganell87 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Tell him you can't watch him if he's sick! It sucks to lose out on the money but is it worth getting your family sick?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You have 2 options: stop watching him or get sick

You can't say anything to these people to change the fact that their kid is sick all the time. They either have a serious dietary or hygiene or life style issue that you can't cure by talking.

You can try to create a policy on sick kids coming to your care facility/ home. But they will probably find care elsewhere if they have a chronically sick child.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That's part of daycare. All of my kids spent the first few months of daycare going from a cold to a virus. Everyone will build up an immunity. Take vitamins and wash your hands. He really can't stay home for every cold. The mother has to go to work. She will have to find another daycare if that is the case.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you can tell them not to bring him if he is sick or if you are still going to watch him while he is sick you need to have a well area and a sick area so the kids arent sharing toys and germs. Unfortunately you will have to keep the children separated and as long as you are washing your hands and not getting into his face you shouldnt get sick either. Make sure you clean all of the toys and wipe down the area he was in with lysol wipes or something similar to kill the germs.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When my dd was little the babysitter said from the get go that if my daughter was sick she could not go to the babysitters house. It makes sense for the very reason you just stated. It's one thing to say you don't mind getting sick because you need the money but it's another to have another girl you watch end up getting sick because of it. That's not fair to her or her family. I think it is pretty common practice to keep your child out of school and daycare/babysitters when they are sick.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You can do what schools do. Fever free for 24 hours unmedicated before returning.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Will themother understand if I cant watch him anymore?
    Ganell87

Comment by Ganell87 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You have to weigh the pros and cons. I wouldn't want to be sick all of the time or have my kids/other kids getting sick all of the time either. Because getting sick can be prevented by not watching the little boy anymore, I would ask his parents to find another babysitter. I just don't think I could continue to cause other kids to feel miserable due to one child. Good luck. You can always find another kid to watch in place of this lil guy and continue to make the extra cash.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010