HOW MANY OF YOU TEENMOMS THAT NOW HAVE GROWN UP DAUGHTERS FEEKED OUT WHEN THEY STARTED THEIR CYCLE?

MY DAUGHTER LAST WEEK JUST BECAME A YOUNG WOMAN, AND WHEN SHE CAME TO TELL ME SHE HAD STARTED HER CYCLE ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT WAS HOW SOON ICOULD ARE SHOULD I GET HER ON BIRTHCONTROL. I WAS A TEEN MOM AND IT SCARES ME TO THINK MY DAUGHTER COULD BECOME ONE IF SHE MAKES THE WRONG CHOICES. SHE IS KIND OF IN TO BOYS RIGHT NOW NOT THAT MUCH BUT WHEN SHE BECOMES MORE INTERESTED I WANT HER TO BE PREPARED . I HOPE THAT I HAVE TALKED TO HER ENOUGH THAT SHE WOULD WAIT ARE AT LEAST COME TO ME IF SHE THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING ANY KIND OF SEXUALL ACTIVITY. I HAVE TOLD HER I DONT WANT HER TO HAVE SEX TILL SHE IS MARRIED BUT I WOULD LIKE FOR HER TO COME ASK ME FOR BIRTHCONTROL IF SHE CHOOSE TO BEFORE SHE GETS MARRIED. IT SCARES ME WE HAD A TEN YEAR OLD GET PREGANET LAST YEAR IN ARE COUNTY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter is at an age where she could start her period at any time. We have spent plenty of time talking about sex. She knows that she can come to me with anything and she also knows how hard I had it being a teenage mom. She doesn't have any illusions about how wonderful life as a teenage parent can be. She got a front row view of it when she was younger.

I thought that I would be much more scared than what I am. It helped for me to start talking to her about sex early and not just my expectations for her. My mother would never have lived through my "Reality of Sex" talks with my daughter which is half of why I ended up being a mom at the age I did. I would love for my daughter to wait until she is an adult to have sex but it simply isn't realistic no matter how much I want it. So, when it does happen, I just want her to handle it responsibly. She knows this. In a few years I may have a completely different perspective.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• WOW! i had my daughter at 19- she started her period at 11 & i can honestly say i didn't think about BC then- i was Sad that she would have to start so early dealing with all the Girlie Issues- i was always very open with her about sex & everything that went along with it- i told her she could come to me about anything- She Did- at 16! so, i made a appt. & she got on BC- My daughter is now 24, graduated with her Bachelors Degree & is now a Fashion Designer in Fort Lauderdale, FL. & My Very Best Friend:) Just keep those communication lines open with your daughter & make sure she really knows she can always come to you no matter what- Try not to worry so much; she will be fine:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my daughter was 9yrs old when she started and bc never enter mind,,if my daughter wanted to know some thing i told her,being a country girl we talk about ever thing ,sex was not issue wen your ready when time is right you will know,at 21yrs old my daughter has made me proud to her mom,you need to talk to her have girl talk ,this is best yrs of her life and bc i would put it on the back burner for a while ,unless her and her boyfriend are already having sex then yes give bc
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2010