I am 40 weeks on Saturday and feel a little Braxton Hicks but nothing else. Has anyone else experienced this? I am frustrated with friends and family asking me when the baby is coming... I dont know!!!

jamiep828

Asked by jamiep828 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was that way with my son, I never even got the Braxton Hicks. I just told everyone he would come out when he was good and ready.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If u r tired of hearing that question then just say stop asking me that and when the baby is here,u will all know!!!! Braxton Hicks is normal. If this is your first baby then it may come before or after Saturday. first time moms often go past their due dates.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have always gone early. So people are calling and asking if baby is here or when baby is come. I just tell them when baby gets here you will know. We will call you just like we did with the girls. Just have to be patient like me. Nothing to do but wait. But yes it is a pain.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if you want to help things along, get some raspberry tea (the real stuff, not just raspberry flavored) and drink as much of it as you can. i drank almost a gallon a day and went into labor in 2 days. its completely natural and doesnt have any crazy side effects.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 40 weeks and 4 days and everyone (including myself) is very excited and won't leave me alone with asking about when he's finally going to make his appearance. My coworkers have even been calling me and my husband keeps telling me to just start pushing lol. I have been getting braxton hicks and was very crampy last night and this morning, but it didn't turn into anything more. My cousin is telling me to go down a bumpy road because she said when she was preggo she was feeling crampy and then it stopped and started back up after going for a bumpy ride.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 8:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It makes me feel better that others are in the same boat. I know everyone is just excited and I dont want to be rude. So I have been just saying "he will come when he is ready". I am so ready though, but a little scared too so him taking his time is ok too :)
    jamiep828

Comment by jamiep828 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Haha ditto! I told my brother not to ever ask me again because I was so sick of people asking.... and my baby came the next day:) Lol go figure. And yea I didn't have real contractions till I was in labor. And the braxton hicks were barely there anyway. Jeez not everyone has real contractions during late pregnancy. Tell them to give you a break!
    LoveFaithPeace

Answer by LoveFaithPeace at 12:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010