My daughter says the preschool choir teacher at church pushed her yesterday?

And when i picked her up she was cyring and she had a knot on the corner of her forehead.
Should we relocate?

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Talk to the teacher and ask what happened. Maybe she just fell. Kids tend to elaborate at that age. Don't jump to conclusions until you speak to the Teacher. Have you met the choir Teacher, what is your opinion of her interactions with other kids? Ask the other Moms too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You need to call and talk to the teacher - find out what happened. I have 'pushed' my own kids - you know, actually seen them falling and reached out to grab them and ended up shoving them harder into what they were falling! Find out the teacher's side. They may have a very good and true explanation that would also make your daughter's story understandable. If they can't explain it or you aren't happy with their answer, talk to the pastor. If you still aren't satisfied, then find somewhere else.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Screw talking!! If it was my son that came home and said that, I would already have somebodys ass up against a wall!!! But that's me....lol My husband would make it a point to question the teacher and go from there.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You should definitely talk with the teacher. I had this same incident recently with our in home daycare facility and was relieved when I just talked with our provider. Kids have a very different perception of truth at this age and can easily get confused. My son was ''pushed'' by our provider by her accidently knocking him over while she was attempting save his cup from falling off a counter. If you feel comfortable with the way the teacher is with the children chances are it's a big misunderstanding.
    srdiaz

Answer by srdiaz at 4:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Either way no matter what happened, her teacher should have given you a report on what happened to her. What did it say?
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would be speaking to the principal or other person in charge ASAFP!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Just talk to the teacher. Odds are it was an accident. Kids at this age won't always get the story right. An accidental bumping might easily have caused the problem without an malicious intent on the teachers part.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'd find out what happened before you go in there with both guns blazing.
    Anonymous

• No reason to relocate. Your hearing only 1 side of the story from your daughter, you really need to go to the teacher and ask what happend. You Said "when i picked her up she was cyring and she had a knot on the corner of her forehead." I'm really surprised you didn't get out of the car and talk to the teacher right then and there. Why didn't you go find out what was going on or go straight to who's in charge? It should have been handled on the spot.
    OhioMom_2010

Answer by OhioMom_2010 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would be asking what happened. Like, yesterday.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010