What ridiculous things have you heard other parents tell their kids?

I once saw a little boy eating cup-of-noodles and his mother told him he couldn't get up until he ate his vegetables....she was talking about the little freeze dried vegetables that come in the cup lol. I couldn't help but laugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I say ridiculous things ALL the time to get my Son to eat, listen & do what I need him to do! I have probably said it all so when I hear other Moms say silly things, I just laugh since I have been there!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• "I don't want to have to tell you that again" or "This is the last time I'm going to tell you this".....just a lot of hot air. Meaningless.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I knew a woman who told her children their bathing suits would change color if they peed in the pool.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• lmao hootie826- thats great!! i will have to use that!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I heard a mother in a parking lot tell her little boy who wouldn't quit running around, "If you get hit by a car, don't come running crying to me." I laughed but I remember those frustrating years.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• "You need to have something healthy." Says the mother as she hands her children a Hi C and a chocolate milk.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 3:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• "Why in the world would you do that? Don't talk to me right now! I don't want to hear it! Honestly, what has come over you? I said QUIET!"
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my FIL told my DH the reason we say "knock on wood" is b/c there are little ppl living in the wood who want you to experience the thing you said you've never had happen. but if you knock on the wood it makes them mess up their writing so they cant cause you problems.

and i remember a friend of my moms telling her little kids that chocolate was poisonous until you were 16...and all while she at a chocolate bar haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• To horribly misbehaved child: "Here come the police to arrest you for being naughty!" But because they've heard that line and know there are no police in the vicinity: "Here. Have some candy and be quiet."
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• 4 year old sitting next to his mom at the booth behind us at a buffet restaurant is complaining he needs to pee. Mom says, "Shut UP. You can go right there. THAT'S why I put you in a diaper."
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010