If the key to success is support how come people don't support others more often?

It certainly makes sense to me and i don't mind as long as I don't have to give you any money.
*~^*UVWRAY [dot] [com]*^~* This is where I shine!

UVWray

Asked by UVWray at 3:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I couldn't agree with you more, and I've actually said this several times before. The problem with American society is that most people are just plain selfish. They only care about what's in it for them, right then and there.... I don't get that way of thinking at all. Of course, usually I get told I'm probably a "lazy mooch wanting free handouts". I've never been unemployed, never been on any kind of assistance, and frankly, most of the things I'd like to see accomplished would probably end up costing me more in taxes etc. But to me, it's worth it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Point taken!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thats a good question....Maybe the person that is seeking success, gets the success and forget about the ppl that were there for support....or the person that is giving the support expect something in return...like $$$$$$.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well to be honest, do we really care if someone we don't know or never will know succeeds? Will they be grateful for the support or just over look it and commend themselves on a job well done?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wish I knew why ....but sometime it means that people are jealous and insecure and want to avoid helping others , want to get it all for themselves,you know?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That's too bad that you (those of you who are) are so pessimistic. American society is so individualistic there is no wonder that we are in the snit that we are in now. Don't go through like asking "What's in it for me" or the answer will always be nothing.

UVWray

Comment by UVWray (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• For the most part - most people (Not All) behave like Animals.... We attack the weaker - whether it's Physically, emotionally, etc... We want to Reproduce - and hopefully with an attractive, strong, smart mate. Why so they can Provide well for us and the cubs... Do you get the point.... Even as kids we rough house - play fight... Why - to maintain our fighting/defending skills... I know this all sounds a bit Quirky, but it's true... Theirs a few people who have evolved - they are the ones that cry and will step in when they see someone getting bullied/assaulted. Marry for love not necessarily DNA.... Told you it was a bit Quirky....

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010