Customers from hell

When I worked at a deli,there was this guy who would come in EVERY day and make us give him at least 4 slices of different meats to test out "for saltiness" and he never bought anything! We'd have to stand there and attend to him the whole time. One day just before i gave my notice,I'd had enough of having to put up with his crap and asked him if this was the day he'd finally buy something because I had other paying customers who needed my help. AHH! Everyday for 3 years this guy was in the store!
Have any horror stories of crazy customers?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to work at an agricultural lab and tested different crops for farmers from all over the state. We would send out a sampling kit to every customer at the beginning of spring so that they could mail in their orders rather than drive. However, some of our older farmers insisted that they couldn't trust the mail and would always drive their samples in personally. I learned quickly that the farther a man had to drive to get his crops tested, the grumpier he got. Once a month we'd get a visit from John G. who would drive almost three hours to get us his samples and for some reason I will never understand he hated me from the first moment we met. In our very first encounter he told me I was too pale and that if I had a tan people would like me better and that I should go lay out in the parking lot for a few hours. He started calling me Pale Face and with every visit he'd find some new cure for his objection to my existence.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I worked in a high end boutique that did alterations. I was helping a really nasty old woman and she was just pinned for her alteration. I said "let me help you with that jacket so you don't get scratched". She said, "well if I do, I'll sue you!". I said "well, you can't get water from a stone so good luck!". I walked away & refused to help her anymore. BITCH!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I had one lady go guano crazy on me one time when I worked in a pharmacy. She had some problem going on and was prescribed Tylox by her civilian doctor. Then she had a navy doctor fill her tylox a couple of days later. The big problem with that was she had 100 prescribed by her civilian doctor and the navy doctor wrote out another 90. It was way too soon to fill and we tried to tell her that. She did not know that we could pull up all prescriptions filled no matter where. She goes off on a "dont you know who my husband is" rant and tells us she wants to speak to our superior. THEN, when that would not work, she opens her blouse and shows us her boob, exposing an infected scar. Highly unnecessary. DEA laws dictate how often someone's CIIs can be filled. Not some lowly petty officer who works in a pharmacy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I do understand you! I worked Customer Service at Albertsons for years. We had an old guy that used to come in with a 3 pound bag of oranges. He'd have 2 or 3 rotten in the bottom and ask for his bag to be replaced. We would (as was policy). Finally after about the 3rd time he did it. I asked him if they were all bad in the sack. He said no. I told him to go get 3 loose replacement oranges and threw away the bag. People will do their best to rip you off. Why? Don't they have any morals? Don't they realize that is dishonest?

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh goodness, I had a lady pull her fist back to punch me because her credit card was declined...all I had said to her is that for some reason or another it didnt go through but I had been having trouble with my machine that day so I would try to run it on another register...she started screaming that I had announced to the whole store that she didnt have money when in all reality she was the only person that anyone else had heard out of the whole conversation. The manager had been standing around the corner and told her to leave the store.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• what did he say???
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Maybe he was too broke to buy and wanted something to eat?

I would be scared to ask about that just in case that was the case and that was the only way he could get something to eat.

I've got patients who swear they have spoken to me about issues and I've told them this and that.... when that happenes to be the resolution they want but can't get and they got my name off of a voicemail I left them with another entirely different issue! Jerks!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• LMBO! I don't have customers, but my brother in law does. A woman once came into the supermarket and claimed a new pan from him. She had purchased some gravy and ruined her pan with it by throwing in the whole box and burned it all. The wrapping, dry powder, no water. Because the description said: " Pfannenfertig", which is German for "ready for the pan". He didn't fancy a fight about how stupid she was, or how she's renewing her household items. He handed her a new pan that was on sale and sent her home. -Some people....

BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I work in a grocery store's produce department. My favorite question comes when I have to inform a customer we are out of an item. They always look at me and ask "Are you sure you don't have anymore in back?" I always want to say "Why yes we do but I am hoarding them all for myself!"
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I worked at phone company for a few years and during that time I was told I worshipped the devil, I was a dumb bitch, told to go kill myself or they hoped I died (real mature, right), was called the 'c' word, was asked why they allowed retards to work at our company (yes that exact word), had a guy tell me he'd come to my work and find me, listened to people do their bathroom business while on the phone, had people threaten to sue me, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head. And funny thing is 99% of these people said these things because I refused to turn their services back on for delinquent payments/non-payment of their account. You should have heard the sob stories, they're a hoot too.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010