I know i read in a book that bigger women loose weight at first when their are pregnant. But how much? How much did u loose?

So far i have lost 15lbs

asweet_gurl04

Asked by asweet_gurl04 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I lost at least 10lbs with each of my pregnancies before gaining some of it back.

This last one I started 245lbs and ended at 252lbs.  When I left the hospital I was 235lbs and the baby was 7lbs 9oz.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I lost 13 lbs. In total, I gained 8 lbs. for my pregnancy because I lost that amount. My son weighed 8 lbs. 13.8 oz. and I immediately lost 44 lbs in the first two months after he was born. I literally didn't even think of eating all day. But when I got back to work and such, gained it all back. I've lost it again but still have a lot more to lose!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I lost 10 pounds in the beginning and then gained 25lbs (so in total 15lbs). But when I came out of the hospital, I had lost 25lbs. :)
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 4:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Have never heard that at all. But I have lost and gained different for each pregnancy. 1st lost 5 lbs gained 33lbs, 2nd lost 6 lbs gained 19lbs, This one so far lost 15lbs and gained 15lbs
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I didn't lose or gain with the entire pregnancies. my kids were both over 7 lbs. I was 260 when I got pregnant.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Don't remember my weights, but with my last pregnancy - I lost weight the entire time, but the baby was healthy and born at 38 weeks and 7lbs 9 ozs. 21 inches long. Turns out I was also fighting gall stones while I was pregnant and had my gall bladder and many, many stones removed when youngest was 3 mos. old.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I lost a little weight right before I got pregnant and have gained much more than I should have during the pregnancy. I'm not high risk or anything but definitely not happy with how much I've gained. Breastfeeding alone is supposed to burn around 500 calories a day though so I hope that helps me out a lot.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 8:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• naturally you would want to be at a healthy weight before pregnancy but we all know this is REAL LIFE! :)
    Loose as much as you can safely, in a healthy way by eating healthy and getting exercise.

Good Luck momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010