Do you eat bison or other wild game?

We just recently switched from beef to bison because of the MUCH lower fat content, and we absolutely love the flavor. I'm making a bison roast in the crock pot, and it smells awesome. However, when I tried venison, I couldn't stand the taste of it. My son likes elk, though I've never tried it. What wild game do you eat?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like elk. Bison isn't really wild game anymore though. They are not raised on farms so the meat can be sold in store. I love Bison, it makes a great chili, and probably the best burger I've ever had. I like venison,pheasant, and rabbit too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I really like bison. I also like Elk steaks and we make jerky out of antelope....antelope isnt really good for anything else besides jerk IMO because its way too gamey and tastes like sagebrush.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We hunt and get our own meat. We eat deer, rabbit, squirrel, and turtle.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Elk and moose are pretty good. My dad used to hunt them all the time back in Idaho and we would have it for DAYSSS. Lol, i'm not much of a meat eater now. I go from being a flexitarian one day back to being a vegetarian another.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 4:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I like bison and venison. The grass fed beef is similar as well, because it isn't corn fed it has a more natural taste, which to some people is a gamey taste. I like the taste of venison personally, but if you use ground venison in seasoned taco meat, chili, sloppy joes, etc, it covers that gamey flavor quite a bit.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm not fond of bison, to be honest... My fiance is forever bringing home "game" meats, and frankly, I don't care for any of them, heh. And the worst thing I have EVER tasted was an elk sausage, yuck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Nobody around here sells bison so we still eat beef, but we also eat deer a lot. My husband is going rabbit hunting soon so we will have rabbit meat too. :)
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We've only ever had bison & venison and we like both.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have tried bison and really didn't like it. Venison is ok.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've never had Bison, because I've never had the opportunity... But I have and enjoy venison, squirrel and some others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010