Are there groups on here that are hidden when someone searches for them?

I was looking for a specific group that I know was there before and someone was talking about that group in a post today and I wanted to see if I could join, but when I did a search for it, it was nowhere to be found.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes. There are some groups that you have to know the address for in order to find them. They are blocked from the directory by the group owner. There are also cases of groups that won't show up in a search because of lack of activity, but that doesn't like the case here.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes. There are hidden groups. Each group has a setting that the owner can decide and mark that way. (even if it was 'open' when you first knew the group, she can change it at any time and really you wouldn't know unless you didn't have it bookmarked)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• lol You learn something new every day! I just checked my groups and found that option. I don't need to use it, but it is nice to know:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Found it. It falls under the religion groups category and when I typed it in as a general search, it wasn't there, but I did find it by browsing though a subcategory of the list of religion groups. Looking at the requirements to join it though, it looks like a pretty secretive group ( lol but somebody's leaking their info ha ha) and they don't want anyone to know it's there and they don't appear to want new members. Oh well... I didn't realize the group was like that and I don't want anything to do with that kind of group.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• genrally groups do that when they don't want new memebres
    Anonymous

• Groups can be set to private by their owners. Some are invitation only.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2010