Why does it hurt to wear a tampon?

ever since i had my son 18 months ago it hurts to wear a tampon, even the light ones. its uncomfortable and i would love to start wearing one again. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Usually that long after birth it shouldn't hurt. You need to make an appointment with your OBGYN, and have it checked out. They say that after birth you shouldn't wear tampons, but its been more than enough time for you, and really you should not feel pain. Yes it can be uncomfortable if you don't insert it properly, but it should never actually hurt. Call your doctor and see what they say. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I had labor and then a c-section, I couldn't wear them for.... 6 months but I don't know about 18 months. It shouldn't hurt, does sex hurt too? Because with me up until that point they both hurt...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008