cant hear a heart beat at 8 1/2 weeks

They are telling me i misscarriaged but the baby is there and grew. Has anyone ever not heard the babys heart beat and still be alive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry to say, I had this happen to me before,, did they do a sonogram yet? Huggles to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Did they do an ultrasound to make sure they couldn't see it. I'm 16 weeks and they couldn't hear the hearth beat but could see it on the ultrasound machine.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• did they do an ultrasound? they couldn't hear my ds's at that time either but they did a trans vaginal ultrasound and could see the heart beat GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, not hearing the heartbeat at that point is possible, but they SHOULD do an ultrasound and be able to see it...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That is SO WAY early! Unless they did an ultrasound to see a heartbeat, a doppler is not accurate that early. My babies didn't pick up on a doppler until 16-17 weeks. So there is still hope.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• we did a vagina ultra sound we see the baby it's there and its even grew but couldn't pick up the heart beat, he is doing it again. i just hope and pray that it was a problem. the baby looked like it was back facing us.
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh yeah, you may not be as pregnant as you and the doctor think you are too! I've had that happen! :D
    Musicmom80

• the first one they did they could hear it's heartbeat this this time they couldn't .. i haven't bled or nothing..
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 4:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well, combined with the ultrasound, I'm afraid it doesn't sound very hopeful, I'm sorry... :(
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes, i figured this because i have been upset then i got online read some things where ppl said that they couldnt then they could.. just wanted to see if anyone else been in the same situation and what the outcome was
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 5:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010