How do I tell Dh that I think his changes aren't genuine?

We've been through a roller coaster of a marriage and for the last 6 months we've been working hard on our marriage. Only I hadn't seen changes in him until very recently, and I think it's more of a reaction to someone showing interest rather than a true change to save the marriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like my ex-husband. And his little changes weren't what really needed changing, and they weren't really sincere. He needs to listen to you and realize what you feel needs work, and you have to do the same. You need to be able to communicate and tell each other when something is not working for you and praise the other one when they do something that does work for you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• At least he is trying, whether its genuine or not he is making and effort to make the necessary changes to save your marriage. The true test would be to see if his changes stick. If you tell him that you don't think his changes are genuine and he is genuinly trying to change you are going to discourage him. I'd praise him on his changes and hopefully that encourages him to keep on his path.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Since you're both working hard on the marriage can't you just tell him how you feel?
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not really. He's still overreacts to anythign he feels is a personal attack.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010