What do I do when my 11yr old is jealous over everything?

It don't matter what it is. The computer,emails,tv,book etc....ANYTHING!!!! Everytime I go to do something she feels that she needs to be right there reading what I write in an email or messing with the dinner while I'm cooking. It is driving me crazy. I let her help me with dinner all the time and we watch tv together and read books together all the time. Today for example she said she wasn't feeling good so she didn't go to school I knew it wasn't true but I didn't press the issue cause I knew she wanted to spend time with me. All we did was argue and fight with eachother. I explained to her what jealousy was and what she was doing and she knows she is doing it. She said she is doing it on purpose!! She also told me the other day the reason she is getting into trouble all the time is to try to get her stepdad kicked out of the Army!! I about fell over!! I really need some advice please. I tried a therapy that didn't work :

Armyprincess72

Asked by Armyprincess72 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have a seventeen year old son my problems started with him in kindergarden he hated school he wanted to stay home he would do anything to get kicked out of school. The teachers were so ignorant dealing with him every time he would do something wrong they would suspend him which is exactly what he wanted. He was a perfdect little angel at home but send him to school and he turned into a monster. My husband and i just started attending a spirit filled church and they have a youth group that we bring our son to and he has improved alot because he is finding out that other kids have problems too and they are finding ways to solve them through studying the bible and playing biblical games like roll playing which has help him a lot. I really think maybe your daughter might also be afraid of you leaving her the way her dad did and maybe that's why she does what she does. it's just a guess
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If you're comfortable with it, send them on a missions trip or outreach program....

Seen many kids "light" turn on after seeing other's lives and cultures
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 5:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have thought about sending her to boarding school or military school just to see her reaction but she just don't seem to care about anything at all. I can't send her to her real father's for reasons un disscusable on here. I think she feels some of that resentment. I have newly remarried in 2008 and we just moved to Texas onto a military post so there are alot of changes there but she was like this before we moved and we all started living together. My husband and I was apart for the 1st 17 months of our relationship then all of a sudden he is with us cause he is back from Iraq. I know that is part of the problem but not all of it. I am just at my whits end with her and eventually she is going to self destruct and who knows what will happen than!! :(
    Armyprincess72

Comment by Armyprincess72 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• There isn't much you can do its a stage.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• your the mom time to make new rules in the house,what you say goes if she get into trouble time for grounding ,and she needs to make some friends you don;t need puppy behind you all the time,even get her a dog or cat she has some thing to do then being under foot
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• @Dutchcanadian I have tried grounding her several times but she don't abide by it. She just takes off because she knows I cannot take off after her because of my health problems. She also has some friends but she treats them all like dirt and I don't blame them when they don't want to be around her anymore. She has a couple of friends that act just like her but are the nicest girls when they are around me. I ask her why can't she be more like them when she is around me and she said because she don't want to. She does have a 1 1/2 year old half lab mix and I'm the one that takes care of the dog because she don't seem to care about her. She received her as a birthday gift from a friend and I really like the dog but I am about to get rid of her because there are days I am not able to take care of her. I am just beside myself most days with her attitude. She is in after school group and basketball. I hope it helps. Also counsling
    Armyprincess72

Comment by Armyprincess72 (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010