The news...

How many people read or watch the news? Or do you even bother?

I read it but I can go days or weeks without doing so. I hate the news any more.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 5:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No--I prefer to READ from a variety of media outlets. ALL news shows have a political slant to them. I prefer to see the full story in black and white, confirm or deny it against other sources, and come to my own conclusions!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, I try to watch the news, but I always keep in mind that they only show us what they want us to see. Instead of showing what the government is actually doing, they show us crap about American Idol and Lindsay Lohan to distract us from the real issues. If we want to know what is really going on we have to be proactive and find it for ourselves.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't have cable so I don't watch the news. I go all over the internet to find news. Sometimes news has to be found.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i dont watch any news anymore (had to cut cable from our budget). but i keep track of the news on several different websites. i try to stay away from anything that puts any political spin on things...i just want the facts.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No cable-
    BBC via the Internet.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't have cable either...too much poison for my daughter's brain...(i.e. music videos etc.) I watch local news and find the rest on the internet like the other posters.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was listening to someone on the radio the other day blaming media for the fact that people know more names of the sports teams or actors on the shows they follow than they know the names of their own state and federal representatives.
    I think, though, that's putting the cart before the horse. They will put on whatever sells, and the are FOLLOWING our lead, not creating it. If people tuned out when they act like TMZ, and wrote demanding more hard news, they would do that instead if that improved ratings.
    I'm not saying they are entirely off the hook for the ignorance of the American public, but should we need to be spoon fed the name of our reps? it's not like the information is hard to find.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010