How do you know when you are in love?

Excerpts from article by Tom Chiarella, MSN online.

Question 1
When people ask, "How do I know I'm in love?" I ask what it feels like to say goodbye. A departure should matter. It should involve pangs, evoke some loss. Nothing crippling, but separation should register a little in the heart. If the exchange is like the one I just described — thank you, see you — forget it. You aren't in love.

Question 2
When people ask, "How do I know I'm in love?" I reply: What is it like to kiss her? Do you want to pick her up? Do you want to lay her down? Are you unafraid of what anyone else will think of the way you kiss her? Kissing is not to be underestimated when it comes to love.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• The way I see it...if you have to ask..you aren't in love. When you are in love, you know it...
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I just knew that I as in love and that he was the man for me the day we met:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Wow. These are good. I was going to say that you feel the other person's love returning to you. But I like the other answers better.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• This is going to be long...just a warning
    Love is that feeling that you get when someones standing with you and your heart skips a beat. When you get a feeling that you try twice as hard not to mess up. When you get butterflys in your stomach and you start to get weak in the knees every time that person is around and every time they get close to you or touch you. That feeling that every time you go out you just hope that you might see them although you get nervious when you do so you try to hide. When you walk together you walk slower because for some reason you think thats going to make time slow down. When you look at someone you dont think their hot. They seem to be more handsome cute addorable or beautifu. How no matter how much you try to avoid the thought to concentrate on things taht person still seems to be your main though. Cont...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When you start to day dream about them on what you want to do when you get together again. How you start to plan out what your going to say do and act so you can try to avoid doing something stupid. When your together you can help but talk about the future and how youll always be together. You show up randomly just to say hi and see what their doing. When their sick you still want to be there with them so yhey have someone to fall asleep with watch movies with and so they have someone to eat soup with. Whey you dont care if you get sick at least youll be sick together. When you will litleray take a bullet for them and nothing will stop you from helping them get through the hard times when they just want to give up.

This is what love is to me.

Sorry for all of the crappy spelling
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Question 3
    When people ask, "How do I know I'm in love?" I say: What makes you happy? Most people assume the answer should be: her. But the answer should be: whatever makes her happy. To see her succeed, thrive, be delighted, delirious, if this thrills you, this is a sure sign of love.

Question 4
    When people ask me, "How do I know I'm in love?" I reply: Do you want it? Are you interested in love? Does it make you happy to be around people who are in love? You have to be open to that kind of want.

Question 5
    How do I know I'm in love? The formulations are out there: Butterflies, stomachaches, increased forgetfulness, inability to focus. You have to craft your very own answer to your very own question. Get close, take a real look, decide. Like the old man told me, you'll almost always be right. There is always an answer.

tasches

Comment by tasches (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010