I've been planning to move to Colorado for a while now.... Anybody from there have any advice or any good or bad information to tell me about Colorado?

Looking for experiences and ideas of how is the living over there. The people, work, prices etc.

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Travel

• One thing I have for you. My DH went to Colorado springs for a business trip. I went with him. Because of the altitude I had a headace for the first 3 days. I was told to drink a lot of water.

Answer by louise2 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• it was really cold?
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My husband was born in Colorado but we are from Alabama and his mom told me storys about how her hair fell out and she got nose bleeds alot from the altitude maybe because she wasent uset to it but my husband wants the family to go up there just because he was born there and im not into going bald.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm a native Coloradoan and I love it here. Any area in particular and what type of work are you looking for? Where are you coming from?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm nearly a native in Colorado. It can get cold here, as well as quite hot. It is very dry here, so it is different from the more humid climates. You do need to make sure you are well hydrated, even in the winter. DH and DD do occasionally get nosebleeds from not drinking enough, but the boys and I don't. There is a lot of good here, as well as some bad - and that bad will be different for different people. We have gorgeous scenery and national parks, reasonable schools (though mine go to private) and the economy doesn't quite suck, but it's not great either.

You are more than welcome to pm me with questions about specifics.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It is absolutely beautiful there.... just beautiful!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010