What are we supposed to believe?

Obama said no family under $250,000 would see their taxes rise, then Biden said $150,000, then during that great infomercial Obama said no family under $200,000. Now The Governor of New Mexico said $120,000 and under would see a tax cut. What are we supposed to think?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You're supposed to think just what your gut feelling is telling you. It's all lies, and make believe. It doesn't matter what they say the cutoff point is now, there will be NO cut off point when he gets in office. If you make any income at all you will be taxed higher than ever before, and if you have no reportable income you will get a government check yearly. And then you will become more and more dependent on the government and no longer think for yourself. And then Obama and his socialistic communistic friends can slowly move in and make America what THEY want it to be.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• above 250,000 gets a tax raise.

From 200,000-250,000 stays about the same.

200,000 and under gets a cut.

I didn't hear Biden say 150,00 at any time.

It sounds like a contradiction if you don't listen carefully.  Since McCain changes his economic plan every two weeks I guess you don't have time to check out Obama's website and look up the tax plan. Have you ever posted a positive McCain question? Does anyone ever post anything good about McCain?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I looked at your page and looked at your journal and was going to come back and apologize when I thought you put up a journal about McCain's healthcare plan. But then I read it. It's not even about McCain's plan, it's picking apart Obama's plan.

This is one of the reasons McCain is losing this election.  His whole campaign has been so focused on Obama.  If you really support John McCain stop giving Obama so much attention.  Stand up for your man and tell people why he's great.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I personality don’t believe campaign promises. They will say anything for your vote. It’s their past work that speaks the loudest for me, what they actually did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• ? why on earth would you apologise? Do you give different answers for Republicans and Democrats? Do you think because i am a Republican i am not serious in my qestion? I am a Republican and i am serious. With so many different numbers being thrown out there how am I supposed to know how the plan will affect me? Your answer does not help me since that i not what they said. I heard them correctly and they were very precise about it.

That journal is straight from McCains Healthcare page. It shows what he is going to do and it shows how Obama is misrepresenting it. Same kind of thing is on Obamas page. GET A GRIP
    Yes big mouth Biden did say 150,000. Why else would they have him relegated to the far corners of the earth where no one will hear him till the campaign is over. I think you are the one who needs to listen carefully.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

Well you do have to take them with a grain of salt but their object is to educate people about their plans so they will vote for them. You would think they would want to make it clear.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Biden was just talking to the people and said if you made 150 thousand you would get the tax cut. He was not saying that was the cut off line.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

In the end you have to go by your gut feeling, one that you can stand by your vote. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think this whole election this year is a joke!!! No matter who wins, none of the promises will be kept and everyone will be screaming in a year that the President elected is the worst ever!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You got that right kscmbz. That’s why I don't get all emotional over this election. All the politicians are in for themselves. I just want whomever is election is do right by our country and our economic situation. Whether it’s a democrat or republican just try to correct it.

In the mean time in our family we continue to work and make sound decisions on the way our money is spent.
    Anonymous