Can men take prenatal vitamins??

could my DH take a prenatal vit. daily, would it help make him healthier for fertility?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• It wouldn't hurt him, but there is too much iron in prenatals, men need a lot less iron than women do. There's no vitamins that are proven to help fertility BUT I've read a few studies that show that if a man has low zinc intake, that taking zinc might help their fertility, so you may want to look into your man taking zinc supplements. If you're having issues though, you should speak to a doctor. Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Thats a good question but i doubt it. Im sure it wont hurt him but those pills are made for women and prob wont do him any good. I would check out WebMd. You might find something there! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Is there anything he can take to help us out??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You'd have to ask a dr. I would say that as long as hes taking a daily male vitamin then that should help everything overall. But check the site i gave you. It really helps
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He could take them, it wouldn't hurt him, but there are better formulas out there for men... he wouldn't need as much folic acid and B vitamins, for example. Try a natural food store near you and talk to an herbalist there, they would be able to point you in the right direction.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It wouldn't hurt him...its like a "super" multivitamin, and anything you can do to increase your overall health would be good for fertility. For me it was dropping a few pounds. With both my kids I conceived after losing about 5lbs...it has something to do with how fat cells interact with your hormones. I guess for me (even though I'm not really very overweight), that balance must be really sensitive. Worth trying I suppose.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008