Curious..... I am thinking about natural childbirth. What helped you through natural childbirth? and is it really possible?

byzzye

Asked by byzzye at 5:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• That there is and end to the pain.

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did it at 19. So, yeah, it is definitely possible.

I just kept repeating that I could do it and I wanted it and me and my baby would be better off because of it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes.. it is possible. You don't get any metal or anything if you accomplish it...LOL
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes I've done it quite a few times and it's completely possible, what helped me through was some distraction techniques and a some things I could fiddle with during, if that makes sense. Breathing is essential obviously also, breaths can change your outlook and also the intensity of the pain.

Also thinking of my baby.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I am starting childbirth classes on Sunday known as the Bradley Method Childbirth Classes. I think aroun 86% of the couples who take the class go through it without any drugs. I talked to my instructor ahead of time and she said that nobody has accepted drugs/epidurals during labor unless they had to have an emergency c section. This method seems like it works pretty well so maybe you can look into finding some classes in your area. It is definately possible if you prepare your mind and body for it. It won't necessarily help the pain drastically, but being mentally prepared will help tremendously!
    britthoch2010

Answer by britthoch2010 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Read "Ina May's Guide to natural childbirth" DO NOT read "What to expect"....it will only scare you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i did it twice. And I'm a wuss.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Of course it's possible - I don't personally understand why anyone would choose it, but to each their own... Me, I love my epidurals!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thank you ladies.....I have 6 months to prepare!!!! I can do this!!!
    byzzye

Comment by byzzye (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did it twice, I had no choice, not allowed to have epidurals, but you know that there is an end to the pain.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010