TMI having problems wiping

This is so embarassing for me, so I had to ask anonymously, but do any other mommies have problems wiping after having a bowel movement. I can hardly reach back there, and sometimes I even feel like I strain a muscle in my back...I am overweight, but not obese...and I'm having a hard time with this. I hate smelling bad, and I would prefer to have good hygiene, but I need some ideas, or support...please ( I know the main answer will be, lose some weight you fat bitch, so yes..i have thought about that, but until I do, I'm having issues...since it's a daily problem I hope people can help instead of be judgemental or crass)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• I was at one of my sons baseball games with my fiance at the time, when my friend decided to share this. My friend will talk about anything anywhere I swear. Now I know why I had to hear this. She is a bigger girl and she hurt her back and was having the same trouble, so her remedy for this was to get a wire hanger squish it together thin like a handle then she would wrap a bunch of toilet paper at the one end. she is a person that likes to be clean so I'm assuming it works she said it did. I hope this helps you.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Can you use a a squirt bottle with warm water? Like what they give you after delivery? How about trying some of those wet wipes and reaching around from the back? My belly is so big this time around I don't have a choice but to wipe from behind!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Is it easy for you to lift a leg up on a stool or the bathtub like you would if you were inserting a tampon and wipe under? If you aren't using wet wipes like baby wipes, try those in addition to that technique. I would never be that mean. We all have our problems and nobody is perfect.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I can only reach from the front. My arm can't reach around back.

Also the wet wipes and squirt bottle sound good. Maybe try those.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Options are to buy a bidet or a toilet that cleans, also perhaps using the shower. I know that could get annoying too... But if you're losing weight as you go then a stopgap solution should be okay. Good luck.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Get a bidet that fits on the toilet
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• definitely a squirt bottle first with soap then plain water at least twice, then clean with a towel and make sure you use it only for yourself.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was going to say the Cottenelle wipes too. Or just plan a shower right after. Good luck to you!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I know a guy that has to take a shower after every BM. He said he never feels clean unless he showers. I know this is not always an option so maybe the warm squirt bottle would work.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't have that problems but I would either suggest a bidet to wash the area, or to get wet wipes that would clean more with each wipe, thereby cutting down on the back strain.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010