how do you discipline???

How do you discipline your child if they arn't listening to you?? i just need some advice cause nothing works!!

Kenziesmomma558

Asked by Kenziesmomma558 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i tried the time out thing with my two year old and it did not work at all i finall had to go with old school spanking and now all i have to say is does momma need to spank you and she says no and listens every now and then she still gets a spanking but the first time i done it she just looked at me all sad and i gave in then i realized i had to be stern or she was going to run all over me exspecially since im only 5'2 110 lbs and she is expected to be tall like her daddy who is 6'5 i just had to give in and let her know she was going to respect me good luck thats a exciting and very stressful age for both of you.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've had to do time outs, take things away. We still have problems. I could use some help too!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I use time outs or taking away a fav toy for a period of time. I do a lot of positive reinforcement. Like at dinner time I started setting a timer & if he stayed in his seat until the timer went off he would get some kind of reward & now he'll say "momma will you just set the timer?" I think he does that because he has something to first of all see counting down & second of all he knows when the timer goes off he can get up. For dinner I usually set it for between 10-12 minutes...he is three. For time outs I do 2 minutes...I think sometimes people leave their children in time out for too long or they talk to the child while they are in a time out...when they are in time out you should not talk to them or even have eye contact. Time outs can be tricky but if you do them correctly & for 1 or 2 mins. they are VERY affective!! Making your child fear you doesn't work & will come back to bit you. Teaching respect works.
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 5:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'll get bashed. I'm a spanker. DS doesn't misbehave much.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Time outs. If that don't work tell him/her that there are no video games then or whatever they like to constantly play w/. I take the wii from my six yr. old. I hide the controllers. Or spanking.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 6:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• its say ages 1 to 2 am i right so im guessing your child is a toddler which means im sure she dosent play video games and at that age they have no favorite toy everything is there favorite and as fas as rewarding your child for sitting at the table are you nuts thats not respect and time out for 2 mins okay let me know how that one goes
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• time outs in an empty playpen that is out of sight of you. Unless they are doing something dangerous that could potentially harm them, then I spank, so they know it's a BIG NONO!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010