Would you divorce your husband if he keeps having sex with you while you are sleep without your permission?

I have woke up twice to my husband having sex with me without my permission.I have told him to stop and he told me sorry,but I'm afraid he will keep doing it.I take medication that makes me sleep so I don't even realize that he is doing it until I wake up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• This is a serious problem, and one I have never heard of before. I cannot imagine someone having sex with me and me not realizing it. If I had to guess though, I would say that would be considered rape.
    Anonymous

• That would be rape to me. You are under the influence of medication and he is forcing himself on you, married or not. You are drugged up enough that you cannot consent.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That's rape.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yeah, that's rape.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That's rape. It is without your consent even if he is your husband.

It is a serious violation of trust. I would tell him that if he does it again, you will press charges.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. I take ambien so I know what it is like to not remember things and not realize what is going on. Sex is consentual and if your are not consenting then it is rape. Ask for him to go to counseling and get help, if he refuses, you have to do what is best for you.
    melissap463

Answer by melissap463 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I take ambien cr and I know how it goes too. Luckily he's never tried anything like that. He knows how I am when I take it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm not sure I'd care. I don't really believe my husband can rape me. If I'm awake and screaming NO that's a different story but we both agree that initiating sex while the other is asleep is just fine with us.

Since it's a problem for you make it very very clear to him that he is NOT to begin any type of sexual play unless you are awake and have knowledge of it. If he ignores your request - he obviously has issues and needs psychiatric help.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Definitely rape. He has no right taking advantage of you without your consent. Not only that, you are under the influence of medicine. I'd tell him to stop or press charges. Divorce would not be off the table if he continued.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 5:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes. i'm sorry you are going through this. it sounds awful.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010