What do I do, My husband is keeping things from me.

He doesn't tell me how much money we have, he lied about it and I found out. He now has a post office box and he didn't tell me that either. What do you all think of this?

Jules283

Asked by Jules283 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he's a control freak that needs a reality check.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Either a control freak or he really has something to hide...a gambling problem, sex addiction, cheating...You really need to get to the root of the problem and fast!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You leave. You're not in a marriage.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it sounds shady. He's probably hiding something bigger from you.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• he wouldn't be doing any of this if he had nothing to hide. especially is if this is something he has never done before. so sounds extremely fishy to me. he has some secrets and they only spell trouble.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If you have no trust, you have no relationship. That's crazy - either he wants to partner with you or he doesn't. He needs to choose, and you need to be strong enough to live with his decision. This sounds very scary to me.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You have to sign a tax return, so y9u should have a general idea of what he makes. I hate men that do this to their women. It's archaic, and really stupid, what if something should happen to him? I would leave and get an attorney thru legal aid, he will have to pay you some kind of support, expecially since he's kept you ignorant.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I didn't like that I never saw our bills, or credit card statements or even knew at the end he was using our credit cards to pay some bills. He just would never tell me things but he was always crazy over finances. Tell him you think only fair you should know what your finance situation is, you need to know what he has and what he's doing with it. It affects your entire family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010