Would this PISS you off or am I being a hormonal pregnant woman!?

So...I asked my youngest brother if he'd come to the hospital when we have the baby and he said that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it. The baby is due in May, it's a planned c-section. Is it unreasonable for me to be upset that he might not come when he lives RIGHT NEXT TO HOSPITAL!? Justin's mom is coming up from FLORIDA (we live in Ohio) for the birth and my own brother wont even WALK to the hospital. My family sucks, and I'm just going to assume he isn't coming so that I'm not dissapointed on our special day.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you are over reacting, I would be upset as well. But you can't let your brother ruin your special day. If he isn't there then it is his lose. I say don't let your family get you down, just embrace those who really want to be there, as they are the most important ones. Good Luck
    melissap463

Answer by melissap463 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• A lot of the times men arent as sentimental about things like childbirth. He may be uncomfortable because childbirth is a very intimate situation....not saying that you want him in the room with you while you are giving birth but maybe he is afraid he will see or hear something that he doesnt want to. My brother came to see me in the hospital after I had my son but only because his wife wanted to see the baby...i'm pretty sure if it were up to him he would have been more comfortable just waiting until I got home to visit with me. Maybe you can ask him if he is feeling uncomfortable or if he is just being an ass? Now if it were your mom I think I would be a little more upset...but a brother I guess I can see that.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• He is a teenage boy. I just don't think that's something he wants to do. doesn't know what to expect. He is hormonal too.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ahhh he is a teenage boy...they can't be bothered with stuff like babies...they have more important things to do ....like play video games... I really wouldnt take it too much to heart. He is young and doesnt understand how significant things like this are. Don't let anyone ruin your day! Maybe tell him how much it would mean to you if he stopped by after the baby is born but don't expect too much from him stuff like this doesnt usually interest boys his age. I doubt it is anything against you at all, in his eyes it is probably a boring time sitting with family and oohing and ahhing over a kid that can't even do anything yet.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's YOUR special day, it's not his. I don't understand this thing where people believe every single person on the planet should drop EVERYTHING they're doing do go see the new baby because the mom deems it the most important day of everyone else's life too. You're totally overreacting.

Why can he not see the baby a few days later?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't think it's that big of a deal. I personally rather not have a flood of people come to the hospital, to see me when I feel and look like crap. I rather have them come visit me and the baby at home after we get out of the hospital and where they don't just have to stand around me in a tiny room
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not to mention, I rather have time to hold and get to know my baby before everyone else does, I waited 9 months to meet my little ones I should get to love them first :)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Actually, through the process of being let down over and over again, I rather prefer your brother's answer. May is a long way off and he's just not sure. He would love to be there but he can't make that promise just yet. I admire that in a person - honesty.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• well couldn't it be that he meant he doesn't know if he has to work or not. Sure it would be nice to have him there. But I have to say I only needed my husband there. Thats the most important.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My brother is not busy, he is in highschool and does not work. All he does is play video games all day long. He has no friends and never leaves the house. It's not that he might be too busy...it's that it might inconvenience him at what he is doing at the time. I think that 6 months notice is PLENTY of time to let him plan....even if it's just for an hour or so.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010