What are some fun activities to do on rainy days during the summer with a 6 year old??

I have some educational books but I need some ideas for art projects and things like that please. I don't have a lot of extra cash to just go to the store and buy things I have to use things around the house

Asked by Autumnlover68 at 7:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have some play dough recipes, along with fingerpaint recipes.

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 1:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i have a few ideas for you. If you have old silver wear or drink soda from cans or bottels you can make wind chimes. or mobiles, I have my kids collect all kinds of things. We have a colorful glass bottle tree. We made a baby item mobile as well. you can make a collage from your 6 year olds fav. photos.

Answer by RodriguezAlice2 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You could get a scrapbooking kit. Well shoot you didn't say whether your child is a boy or girl, but really it doesn't matter. All 3 of my kids 9, 6, and 2 LOVE anything to do with scrapbooking. The stamps, stencils, ink pads, scissors, making cards. They absolutely love it. Also you could buy that crazy pasta of all different colors, and sizes and make pictures out of them. They have squiggly tri-colored noodles, the carriage wheel tri colored pasta.

Answer by sinkn2theocean at 8:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have 2 boys a 6 year old and a 14 month old

Answer by Autumnlover68 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• try gettting popsicle sticks--the ideas of what they can make kepps them interested for awhile.

Answer by mamaof376 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Check out your local library. A lot of times they offer reading programs or story hours or puppet shows. My son has a three page schedule from the library with about 30 different activities highlighted on it that he wants to go to. He is 6 as well.

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008