Diaper Rash Help

I watch a little boy at my in-home daycare and he always has a bad diaper rash. I have tried triple paste and butt paste and corn starch, nothing really helps. I change him constantly so he stays somewhat dry. Any mircle suggestions? Thanks

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might be the type of diaper. My one son and my nieces seemed to have issues with certain brands.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my 1st son had constant diaper rash. we tried every diaper brand, every ointment (even prescription) and nothing worked. then we switched to cloth diapers, never had a diaper since. i think he was allergic to something in the disposables. have his mom try different diaper brands and go from there...

rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When my daughter had problems like that, I was told to try Kendall. It's actually for women, but the rash goes away in less than a day. I wouldn't use anything else. I only can get it one place here, at a drug store..it's kind of spendy. But well worth it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• A&D seems to work great for my daughter.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I should add- my daughter for about 2 months all she had was diarrhea at least 6+ times a day-so our rashes were brutal. It was a nightmare! I hope that helps w/what I suggest to use. I tried EVERYTHING. That's the only thing that helped.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Maybe the parent doesn't change him enough or maybe it is just the diaper. Mine could only use certain ones. I use desitin. I hate generic. Put that on every time you change. A couple days it should clear up. Just suggestions!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• vaseline and corn starch. maybe you could suggest another diaper, cloth diapers are best, not sure you want to deal with that. but i use them and my baby now, who has been in them since about 3 months has had 1 diaper rash when he was sick. poor guy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was told by my pediatrician with my oldest (14 yrs ago) to use a thin layer of althete's foot cream. It was a little pricey buy the next change it was almost GONE! I used it on my other 2 kids and will recommend NOTHING else! After 2 changes it's gone!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I should add that when these rashes get really red and sometimes blister - it's actually a yeast infection, which is a fungus treated by the athlete's foot cream......goes away almost instantly. GL!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thanks everyone! My next step was going to be athletes foot cream so thanks babylove for confirming thats a good option
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010