How many children did you plan on having?

And did that change once you had your first? Did you have any "oops" babies? Did you plan all of your children? Do you plan on having any more? Just curious. I know it's silly, but I have four children... all of whom I love dearly... but I didn't plan on having any lol. Now that I have four, and my tubes are tied, I've begin to wonder if I made a mistake... because I still want another baby lol

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 5:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ever since I decided I wanted kids (which, btw, wasn't until I was about 32), I've always wanted two. I have a 2 year old son now, and am pregnant with our second child. My first one was planned, this one was actually not supposed to happen till a couple of months later, but he was definitely "in the works", so to speak. I don't see myself changing my mind about being done after this one though.... Two is plenty for me!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have 2 boys. Some days I think, I'm not sure I could handle another one....it's hard now. But I know if we decide to have another one it will not be for about 3 more years, when hubby is back from next scheduled deployment. Then what will most likely happen is if we have another, we will have 2, so they can be close like my boys now. But who knows....I said if we have a girl, tubes will be tied period. LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sorry, I had to laugh...I was voted least likely to be domestic by all who knew me and did not plan on having any kids...I ended up with 9! It's been a trip with no regrets, but that #5 itch...I remember it well. Unless you are willing to sugically intervene once again, it's an itch that will pass with the aging of the others! Love the stuffin' out of the ones you have - grandkids come sooner than it seems!!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I planned on 1. Then I got divorced and remarried. Now I have 2 that are 10 years apart.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I didn't think I would ever have kids. But about 25 I decided that I wanted to, it started out as wanting one, but after I had him. I just had to have another. I planned to have both of my kids and now I am done. Sometimes I want another baby but I don't want another toddler, so I know I am finished.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wanted 3, and im pregnant wih my 3rd. Although they were all opps babies ... i just wanted them later in life.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We always planned on having children (we decided we wanted about four), but weren't trying to conceive with our first. After she was born, we wanted her to have a sibling close in age to her, so we planned our second (They are 15 months apart.) Now we are good with just having two for now, and don't know whether or not we will want more later on, but we left the option open for later. I've been getting the "baby bug" here lately, but know it's not the right time for us to have another bc of a lot of change in our lives right now and the fact that I want to lose weight and get my anxiety under control before I put my body through another pregnancy.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I said I NEVER wanted kids. When I had gotten pregnant, I had a horrible lifestyle. She saved my life. She was the biggest oops ever, I was on birth control...so I know I was meant to have her. I eventually warmed up to the idea-I'm thankful for what I have, and when I look at her, I think I don't know why I never wanted kids. I'll take one more.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I knew I wanted 3. I have 5 lol. After my 4th I was going to get my tubes tied. I didn't after my 5th I finally had the feeling our family was complete.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We have one, will only have one. He is 4.5 years old and really our family is complete. He was planned. We discussed 2 kids before getting married and even after being married. But when our son was born, we felt our family was perfect. So far...we still feel that way. It works for us!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010