How and when do you stop the potty rewards?

DD just started using the potty for pooping. She had a false start about 8 mo ago and then went back to diapers for pooping for a while. When we were struggling to make it work 8 mo ago, I offered treats and stickers as a reward and she remembered all this time, so now she is getting these each time. I am just wondering for those who used treats, how and when did you stop giving them?

christinab313

Asked by christinab313 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used stickers with my son. From the beginning we had made it more about how great he did than about the treat, and he was more motivated by feeling proud than by getting a reward. After about two weeks he stopped being so excited by the stickers. I continued to give them when I remembered or he asked until the stickers sheet was empty.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did the same and I just stopped asking or giving. If he ask for one I gave him one but after awhile I just told him that he is a big boy now and you don't need stickers. Mommy doesn't. And I told him we are to big and its for babies. When he is old enough to go and not do the dance or get excited then ya its time :) GL
    Maggie577

Answer by Maggie577 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• after 1 full month with no accidents
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010