My family thinks I am crazy. I want to name my baby something that is not traditional.

I want something like a word that could be used as a name (if that makes sense) or something that is just different. I am having a hard time getting my family on board. Should I care? I know they mean well but it is my choice and they are going to love my little jumpy bean anyway!!! What would you do?

Asked by byzzye at 5:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Baby Names

• Listen to them. The name is a life time.

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Your family doesn't have to be on board. As soon as the baby is born they won't care what it's name is - they'll just love it.

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would REALLY need to hear some choices you are thinking of before I can comment.

Answer by gramsmom at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm not a big fan of weird names.... Like Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Kal-El, and whatever else Hollywood has come up with lately. It's one thing to want to be unique, and a whole other thing to saddle your child with a ridiculous name, know what I mean? So I guess my opinion all depends on what name you're thinking of, heh.

Answer by Anouck at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That depends on what name you are considering. Remember that chlid has to keep that name forever.

Answer by mhaney03 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't even tell them until they meet the baby

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Its completly up to you and the dad, or just you lol. Dont let your family bug you about it... its your decsion

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my parents hated my son's name, but they've never said another word about it since he was born

• Like Liberty or Honor or something like that?

Answer by Shines3 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would consider their advice, but ultimately it is your decision.

Answer by Kword at 6:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010