I think I have mice. How can I get rid of them without using things that could hurt my kids?

stephiebabe

Asked by stephiebabe at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• Regular traps or sticky traps.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The idea is to hurt the mice, not the kids. Use glue traps and lay down some poison pellets behind stuff, like your washer and drier, stove, fridge. etc. Don't leave the bait pellets out where the kids can get them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They have these traps you can buy where they walk right in. You don't see anything, touch anything just throw it away.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• pellets behind stuff is a good idea
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Get cats. i have 4 and am rodent-free. Best to avoid poison in case the mice die in the walls and smell as the decompose.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• get a cat
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thanks for all the answers, I am allergic to cats but I am going to try the traps and pellet things. Thanks.
    stephiebabe

Comment by stephiebabe (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I am allergic to cats and still got one. I built up an immunity and she doesn't bother me at all. I think it helps that we give her a bath and brush her regularly. She chases the mice and spiders. I love it. I used to use the pellets behind stuff and under my couch, that really worked. Traps, sticky tape didn't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Take a ripe banana and cut it down the middle, place DeCon granules in it and then place the banana in your rafters.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• walk in traps cause if you use pellets they will eat and take it back to the rest but, then you cant get to it and have to deal with the smell ugh not good
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010