November is.......

November is Adoption Awareness Month. It's a great opportunity to raise awareness about the miracle of adoption and the hundreds of thousands of kids all over the world in foster care and/or orphanages who are waiting for their forever homes. Repost if you have been touched by ...adoption. My life was changed when I was adopted. I wish my mother was still here so that I could say Thank You. Read Scott Simon's book, "Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other".

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 6:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Adoption

• my best friend in the whole wide world is adopted. Does that count :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Have you been touched by adoption. Share if you like.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It sure does.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My little brother is adopted and so is my best girl friend. Adoption is a wonderful thing!white ribbon

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Adoption "Awareness month" is often called "Adoption Bewareness Month" by many people who have been touched by adoption in the same way that a baseball is "touched" by a baseball bat. Here's a blog by an adoptee http://realdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-is-national-adoption-awareness.html#comment-form

so now you're "Aware" that adoption is not considered wonderful by everybody.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Whatever you see and read about adoption this month --PLEASE keep in mind that it should be about finding a home for a child who needs one rather than about finding a child for a family that wants one.

OTT- the adoptee blog you posted- right on! Loved the part where she said basically WE are not criminal because of our births.
    I find it hard to accept that our parents (both sets) AND society accept this discrimination of sealed records on our behalf.

Open records NOW to ALL adoptees!

adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 5:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010