I have a male cat and hes fixed never goes out and his litter box is changed and washed once a week and scooped dily and when he pees it still stinks i have tryed so many litters any ideas please help we love our kitty

mom42010

Asked by mom42010 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Here are a couple of links for more information, there are things you can do about the smell.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2045051_control-cat-litter-box-odor.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2076255_reduce-litter-box-odor.html

Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ty so much
    mom42010

Comment by mom42010 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• There is only so much you can do cat urine can have an oder but I liked Frest step kitty litter. Something else you might want to do is have him checked for a bladder infection.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my cat is 16 and he has gotten "smellier" over the years. I found a treat at petsmart that is a cranberry based treat for cats. It took him some getting used to but the stench has minimized back to "normal cat pee" smell and less "dear Lord save me from this abomination" smell. Hope they work for your kitty too. I had to store them with the pounce treats so they would smell appealing to him and sometimes I would sneak them into wet food..but now he eats them willingly.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 10:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Feed him a high quality food that is for urinary tract health. It can lower the pH of his urine and help the smell a lot.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i thank you all for your help
    mom42010

Comment by mom42010 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Cat pee is going to smell, it's a large percentage ammonia. There's really nothing you can do to make it not smell.
    Anonymous