Abnormal periods after mirena iud?

I am curious how many of you have had the mirena and experienced issues with menstruating and ovulation afterward? I have heard that after mirena, some women no longer ovulate on their own... I am trying to concieve, and I am scared I won't be able to because of the issues I am having since the iud came out. I went from a 34 day cycle, which was my normal before mirena, to a 26 day cycle with a two day period and random muave-ish spotting. Usually my flow is heavy... any comments would be appreciated. My doctor hasn't done squat for me, mostly because every time I get an appointment, they are too busy to get me in to the doctor, and a nurse can only do so much. Thanks ladies!

litlmissmommy

Asked by litlmissmommy at 6:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a Mirena for two years. Right after I had my son. I wanted to get pregnant after my son turned 2 years old. When I had my Mirena removed I wasn't even having a period anymore. After I got my Mirena removed, my periods are anywhere from 24 days to 30 days. And my son is now 3 and a half years old, so it is taking us longer than we anticipated. I started tracking my periods with an app on my iPhone and the tracking helped because I got to know the average days for my periods which helped at figuring out when I ovulate because I'm just not one of those women who knows when she ovulates. The tracker that most of the girls in the CafeMom TTC group like using http://www.fertilityfriend.com Good luck to you.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010