Quitting smoking

I'm trying to quit smoking so i was wondering what tricks some of you women may have done when quitting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• I used the patch, for about a week, and then I was good to go. I was pretty shocked, because I wasn't a particularly light smoker... But for me, I found out a lot of my smoking was habit... Certain times of day, certain situations. Recognizing that, and being aware of that helped me a lot.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I went cold turkey when I quit although one thing I did use to help me was cross-stitch, because I realised that for me it was more a case of something to hold. Consequentally I replaced a cigarette for a needle and have now been a non-smoker for about 4 years.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I tried the patch, gum, Wellbutrin (would NOT recommend that!), and cold turkey. Nothing has worked so far. I just ordered "Blu" electronic cigarettes. At least I won't have any second hand smoke, and they have filters that have no nicotine, so you can eventually wean yourself off. I know several people that have quit this way.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• chew gum!!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I got pregnant. That was the only thing that worked for me. I quit and she is not almost 4 and I never started again. Of course, I wouldn't suggest it and I am sure it won't work for everyone. (giggle giggle) What about gum chewing? Have you tried that?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have never smoked but wanted to wish you the best of luck. I think (from my experience with people quitting) that a good thing to do would be to join a support group.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010