What are special occasions that you feel that family should be there for you?

Special occasions such as holidays, weddings, birth of a child...ect...

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Family should be there for everything as much as they can be
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Births, Graduations, weddings, children's birthdays
    2bbabies

Answer by 2bbabies at 6:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If they can get there it may help. perhaps it's not having to go that's so awful, as it is to have the time off from work or lose a day's pay that overtime would make better off (not losing a rent payment, or a house is one reason to not show.)
    Just depends, but if you INVITE THEM AHEAD far enough in time to plan it helps, not saying it will guarantee a show-up that day,
    but not all people have the luxury, time, money, gas, cars, or even the health to go the "family things" all the time.
    e
    Anonymous

• My family has no obligation to be there for me. Their willingness to support me, be there for me, care for me, etc is their choice. I have no expectations as to when or how they are there for me for any occassion. I'm lucky enough to have a great family who WANTS to be there for me, but I don't ask them to be.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't expect anyone to "be there for me" with the exception of my husband. There are people in my family that would be there for any event, others that may or may not. My friends are a little different, they are almost always there when I need them. (without asking).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Weddings. ---We were married at the court house, and invited our whole family three weeks before. No one showed, and we had to "borrow" 3 witnesses from the hallway. Yet everyone DEMANDED pictures?

Births. ---I had a scheduled induction, and everyone knew about it two weeks ahead of time, ha, my mom, DH's mom, my stepdad, biodad, his gf, her 2 daughters, and biodad's parents came. I wish they hadn't come at all, the drama was rediculous. From fights in the hall and waiting room, to storming out the door without saying a word and leaving... then expecting to get to come back tmrow?

1st Birthdays. ---I threw 2 parties, because my bio-dad's family does not get along with my mom's. No one showed up to the one for bio-dad's side. Yet again, everyone DEMANDED pictures?

Holidays ---would be nice, but I'd have to have 2, and it's not worth the fuss for me if they're not gonna show up.

Graduations ---Why try?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Christmas, weddings, graduations, funerals.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not so special occasions. Job loss, so that I don't wind up homeless.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010